Sunday, June 23, 2013

“I want that tiger that doesn't have hands or legs”

Shafeen was 2 years and 1 month old, when this picture was taken.


My elder sister’s son Tameem was a very small kid when I took him to the “Shishu Park”, Shahbagh, Dhaka. It was before my marriage. His mother didn't want to take him anywhere, because he always causes some trouble. I don’t know why, he generally listens to me. Before taking him any where I use to make him some promises. Like, you can’t cry for anything, if you do so I will bring you back home immediately. And he knew that I always keep my word.


We enjoyed good times in Shishu Park. After returning home he started crying to his mother by saying “I need that tiger, which doesn't have hands, legs or body, please buy one for me”. People couldn't understand what he is saying and actually what he wants. After some moment I realize that he is asking for a tiger mask! He couldn't ask this in the park as I make him some promises.

No comments: