Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HSBC Bank service in Bangladesh

Our office has corporate account in HSBC Bank in Bangladesh. Many days I have heard that our office isn’t getting proper service from them.


Now for tax calculation I had to submit bank statement of 1 year bank transaction. Generally bank send bank statement after every 4 months by mail. I had got last mail at May. So I need statement in June too. And I had checked my previous statements I found that I don’t have last year July bank statement. In other banks you can easily get a free copy of bank statement. But in this bank you had to may 115BDT for each month’s statement. Now I need 2 month’s statement July 2007 and June 2008. But bank is charging me now 1150 BDT. Coz they are giving one year back statement. And after payment, I didn’t get the statement. They said they can’t give one year back statement in the same day. I have to come next day.

1 comment:

Luke T. Bush said...

Shanana:

Apparently banks can be bad no matter where in the world you live. One time my bank made a mistake, said I had more money in my account than what was there. If I hadn't double-checked, I would have overdrawn my account and then take the all blame, even though the ATM bank statement was wrong.

Be very careful with your statements. Even if the bank makes a mistake, they might say you are at fault, not them. Then you have to refund the money and even pay a penalty.

Luke