Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Do you know Kolkata


We (me, my husband and Shafeen) are planning to visit Kolkata soon. It's been a long time that we didn't visit any place. It is my husband's idea. So lets go for it.

I don't want to go with any travel package. I had already had enough experience with them. Now I have to plan all by myself. Did you ever visit Kolkata or living in Kolkata? Then please tell me, what are the places where I should go and visit, which are near to each other that I can see easily one after another? What are the good food places? Where I should go for shopping in cheap?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You should visit 1) Alipore Zoo, 2) College street boi para (book shops),3) Belur Math and Dakshneshawar Temple 4) Science city, 5) Birla Planetorium, 6)Indian museum 7) National Library 8) Shibpur Botanical garden and many more!!
If you are planning early next year you could enjoy World's largest book fair that is organised every year!!! Also you should not miss Kolkata Film festival starting probably from 7-8Nov (not sure about the date!!)

Shahana Shafiuddin said...

Thanks a lot. :)

Unknown said...

Shahana, you could call me through my cell. I visited Kolkata 4 times within two years, so I have some idea about hotels, foods, shopping and special attractions of Kolkata. Nimalya said almost everything, but Coffee House, Metro rail and some small features that attract Bangladeshi people.

Shahana Shafiuddin said...

Thank you very much. Your info really helped me a lot.