- Single-line comments are prefixed with two dashes --.
- Multiple-line comments can be enclosed with the symbols /* and */.
- Variables and function identifiers can contain up to 30 characters, and should not have the same name as a database column name.
- Identifiers must begin with an alphanumerical character.
- SQL functions can be used in PL/SQL.
- Code blocks can be nested and unqualified variables can locally scoped.
- It is recommended that variable names are prefixed by v_, and parameter names in procedures/functions are prefixed by _p.