Thursday, August 13, 2020

Biography 04: Names

 

PC: Unknown

PC: Unknown

I have born in Springtime. In Bangladesh, during Spring Shimul flower or Bombax ceiba commonly known as cotton flower blooms. This is a big tree and the flower’s colour is red. When the flower blooms no leaf stays and you can see only red. Later flowers produce cotton. Which used for making cushion locally.

 

Maybe on the basis of that my mom (May be) kept my name Shimul. Still, my family and relatives call me with this name. In my first passport, my name was Shimul Sultana. Later my youngest grandfather (Maternal, my mom’s youngest uncle) give me a new name “Shahana”. So, then I became Shahana Sultana. If I translate this name, it will be “Queen Princess”. This name didn’t continue for long. Before I get admitted to grade two in Bangladesh, my mom did the final change. She added my father’s name to me. So, from then I became Shahana Shafiuddin.

No comments: