Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Biography 09: Little people’s gang

 


If you have an older brother or sister, you can relate to this situation. When they play, they don’t want you to play with them. Because you are small, you can’t play like them. Nobody wants to listen to you, because they think, you only speak on unnecessary issues. No one cares what you want, because you are a very little person, so you don’t have any need. Whatever elders decide about you, that’s final. You don’t have any word.

 

I have heard, people want to go back to their childhood. I never want it back. I like the freedom. I know I make lots of mistakes. But still, I like to take a final decision about myself. No one else shouldn’t put anything on me.

 

When I was about 3 years old, I started facing problems with older people. In those days’ guardians didn’t feel trouble to let kids go around the neighbourhood. So, all kids like me in a neighbour made a group. The reality is older kids kind of push us back in a group. And I became the gang leader. My first leadership. I used to listen to all, But the final decision is mine. I am a good leader (I believe).

 

On Eid, there is a big Eid fair use to hold on to the Komolapur Railway field. Hour home was near that place. All kids collected Salami the whole day and then go the fair to shop and enjoy various rides. I wanted to go there. But older decided, we have nothing to do over there and it’s a burden for them if must take and look after us. No one will like this decision. So, we kid decide to go by ourselves. We knew the path, we can walk.

 

We didn’t have much money but whatever we had we took it with us and went away. After a few hours’ parents notice a bunch of kids are missing in the neighbour. They asked the older kids and they have no idea what happens. As the whole group is missing, they understood, we are all together, probably went to the fair. Why not?

 

I don’t know how we get inside without any ticket, or there was no ticket. It was very crowded, so soon we get separated. We didn’t mind. We all know how to go back home. It was in my neighbour. I was looking at toys (Kitchen cook wear) and thinking about how I can buy those with a small amount of money. Suddenly I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. I looked back; it was my uncle. Then he had a big smile like EUREKA! He said, no worries I will buy you whatever you like. Let’s go home.

No comments: