Monday, October 12, 2020

Biography 10: dropping the oil

 


In my childhood I liked to jump, dance, run all day all over the house. The geometric design of our house helped me run from one bedroom to another and to the veranda, sometimes the kitchen. Traditionally (Bangladesh kitchens) our house has the gas burner on the floor and So all the ingredients. Including oil. When you are jumping, running and dancing, it’s hard not to kick something. For Some reason I couldn’t stop knocking over the bottle of oil and then the bottle dropped on the floor and it’s hard to clean grease off the floor and the oil is an expensive ingredient.

 

The first time I dropped the oil my mom told me to be more careful. The second time the exact same thing happened. I really don’t know why it happens repeatedly. My mom became very angry, but she still just told me to be careful again. OK, I will be careful, I thought. Then, For the 3rd time in a row, I knocked it over again, I knew, no one can save me now. But there is no harm to try to save yourself. So, I went to my older sister and told her to “tell mom that the oil dropped by itself” I knew that everyone will believe her. My mom heard that from another room, she started to laugh hard. So, I kind of saved myself. I was right, we should try to save ourselves.

No comments: