Sunday, February 7, 2021

Biography 19: Our dad went to Saudi Arabia



 We were living at South Kamlapur on those days. My mom had got two opportunities to go abroad. One, to go to the USA for training. The second one is to go to Saudi Arabia to do a government job. After having a discussion with my dad, she decided to go to Saudi Arabia for a job. Because they needed money. I don't remember when my mom left us. Because I was surrounded by my aunts and uncles, neighbours etc. My life was with all of them. Mom has to go to work and stay late to earn money. So, she wasn't that close with me.


But I remember the day when my dad left. My cousin brother took me to the airport. On those days people can view airplanes and runways from a balcony of the airport. My brother held me and showed me a passenger line where my dad was walking towards the plane. I saw him, ok, he doesn't stay with me the whole day, he had a job. So, for me it's OK. He can go anywhere he wants, to do a job. My dad had also got a government job in Saudi Arabia. My brother saw my poker face, he thought I might not see that my dad is leaving. He asked my dad to come out from the line so that I can see him. Dad stood separately from the line and waved his hand to me. I was looking at him in the same way. My brother held my hand waved for him. Dad left.

No comments: