Sunday, February 14, 2021

Check it out first




 I was newly admitted to the University. I didn't know anyone, didn't have any idea how people study here, how they prepare for the exam, how the exam will be taken etc. Someone told me, I should check the previous year's questions, to get an impression of how the exam will be.


As I told you I didn't know anyone to ask for it. I remember on my first I sat beside a boy. He told me, he is staying in the hall. I thought he might have or can collect some questions papers from the senior students of our department from the hall.


I asked him about it and he said, he had already collected it. I requested him, can he share those question papers with me. I will make a copy of those papers and then will return them to him. He nodded his head, which means yes.


After 3/4 days he gave a roll of papers in a plastic bag. I said, "Thank you, I will return it tomorrow." I didn't open it, just kept it in my bag as it was. I took it home. In the afternoon I gave it to my dad to xerox those papers. The photocopy machine shop was very near to our house.


After a couple of hours, my dad knocked at my door. He brought some papers and that roll of papers. When he was giving it to me, I saw he was trying to stop laughing in front of me. I didn't ask him what happen but started thinking about what went wrong.


I opened my copy at the very first page was full of small (2/3 lines) poems. Romantic poems. I couldn't read much, it was written all over the question paper, everywhere it found any gap.


My head started spinning, this must be found by the photocopier. Then he must have shown it to my dad. Allah knows, to who else he had shown or making stories. What was my dad thinking about me! Within few weeks of my class, what I am doing? I couldn't think more. I became very mad, "হালার হালা, কি রকম বেইজ্জতি অবস্থার মধ্যে  ফেলসে আমারে!"


Life lesson, "If you get anything from anyone, check it out first! before passing it to someone else.

No comments: