Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Biography 20: My younger sister born




 One day I noticed my older sister and other relatives were very excited about something. I didn't bother, even if I would bother, they won't tell me anyway. But this time, my sister came to me with some pictures. She told me this is your younger sister. I could see my mother is sitting on a chair (Very simple made of Iron. In those days people didn't use plastic chairs everywhere, they had these iron chairs for general use), wearing a red sharee (I like that sharee very much) and she was holding a baby looks like a potato. In another picture, the baby was in her bed, inside a mosquito net. Later my mom told us, the net was for flies. There were lots of flies over there. My mom also told us, in the desert area the weather is very dry. The baby's skin couldn't resist it, it was cracked and blood used to come out. So, my mom always kept her wet in Olive Oil. Among all siblings, this sister has a brighter skin colour. So, I always thought it was because of the olive oil. I wish my mom did that with me too :(


After having two girls, my dad really wanted a son this time. I heard from others that he told people, if he got a son this time, he will sacrifice a cow. Maybe Allah wanted to save a cow. So, not only this time but his next child (Child number 4) was also a daughter. Later, my 3rd sister became a doctor and 4th one became a dentist. Obviously, Allah wanted to give him more than what he wanted...

No comments: