Thursday, March 18, 2021

Biography 23: Comparing with my older sister


 My older sister is the best. From my childhood, I had to hear this. Do I believe it? NO. That's why, when everybody asked me to be like her, I never tried that or even think about it.


She is very polite. She is good with all relatives, neighbour, teachers, classmates etc. She is very good at her study. She had got the talent pool scholarship in her grade 5 and 8 exams. She had passed SSC with *marks and 3 laters (In three subjects she got marks 80+) and She took 13th place in Dhaka board in her HSC. She had completed her MCom in Accounting.


She started cooking in her school life, whenever my mom went to visit my grandparents. So, she handles the house. Everybody use to say such a polite and gentle girl.


What about me? I never fulfill my parent's desire like my sister. I wasn't gentle in my childhood. I liked to jump and run. I didn't like study. I never got scholarships.


In SSC, when my sister did very good, my grandfather (My dad's uncle) made a golden earring and came to our home with my aunt (His daughter). Before he left, he looked at me and said, do good in SSC like your sister. I smiled and felt shy, I knew I'm never going to do that. Then my aunt said, "Why would she be like her sister, she will do better than that". Everybody laughed at loud. Because that was impossible.


But the reality gave me a little twist, on the days I had got a new exam system. Objective questions. So, technically I did much better than her. Just for one mark, I didn't get the last position (Among 20) in Dhaka Board. No, I didn't get any earrings for that or any prize or appraisal from anyone.

No comments: