Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Biography 24: Same dresses


 There was a trend about kids' dresses when I was young. In those days parents use to make dresses for a kid by a tailor. Readymade dresses were not available much and weren't popular. It was expensive. Parents use to buy cloth. Then asked the tailor to make dresses for all kids by the same cloth. So, we had to do matching-matching without any other option.


When I look at my childhood pictures, in almost all pictures we were wearing the same dresses. As I told you earlier my older sister was a very good type of girl. Obviously, her dresses stayed in good condition. I was the raff and taff girl. So, soon it tore up. I still don't know-how.


I have seen our family always bought new dresses for my older sister. All of her old dresses were dedicated to me. I could get a new dress only on Eid. I didn't like to wear old dresses. Allah listened to me. When I was in grade 06 (As far as I could remember) I became taller than her. I thought now I will get new dresses. But my bad luck never left me. Getting old dresses had stopped, but still, my parent always gave me one dress on Eid.


When we go out, we always wear a better dress. But I don't have much, only 2 good dresses, which I got on Eid. So, I had no choice but to wear the same dresses always in my dance and singing classes. Everybody knew me, for my same dress. See, everything has a good side.


But I didn't mind. I still don't like to ask or demand anything. You will give me, whatever comes from your heart.

No comments: