Sunday, June 13, 2021

Biography 35: Simoom



Simoom is a storm that only happens in the desert.

In Alakaseem (Saudi Arabia) I have faced simoom a couple of times. One day I was playing on the veranda. Suddenly the wind started to blow very fast and moving around me like a tornado and my visibility became zero. I couldn't see anything but sand. I put my hand on my face to save my eyes and nose. Within 2/3 seconds suddenly everything stopped.  I saw the entire area around me covered with sands. My mom run from the clinic and came to me in this storm. She asked, are you OK. I said yes. She checked me and left. This is the only time, I have seen my mom worried about me. Later somehow I proved myself too tough that nobody ever worries about me.


Another day I and my older sister were coming back from school. We were walking through an open space. Suddenly the wind became mad, like a tornado and we could only see sand. We even couldn't see our hands. We felt the wind will blow us away. We scared. We found a wooden pillar near the field and hold it that the wind cannot take us away. After few seconds all stopped like nothing happened. My older sister said "we were scared for nothing. Look, the wind couldn't take away any small stones. How could it take away our bodies?" Hmm, I thought she was right.

No comments: