Monday, August 22, 2022

Biography 146: Marriage in grade 12


 I have passed grade 12 from Viqarunnisa noon college, Bangladesh. It's called the HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate) exam in Bangladesh.

In Bangladesh, Viqarunnisa College is one of the most renowned colleges for girls. Many wealthy families students come here to study and most of the talented girls come from all over Bangladesh. I am from a middle-class family. I did not get a chance to mix with any wealthy families. If any of our known families became rich, they stopped mixing with us. So, I do not have any idea about their lifestyle.

In college, I had the most lonely time of my entire life. People didn't like me, and neither did I like them. They use to humiliate me, I didn't bother, what they say or do.

But I was really surprised to see them get married before the final exam. It's not one or two people, most of them. Mainly to the military guys. Then to doctors and engineers. I was thinking, didn't any of them ever think to make any career or work on their father's business?

I have seen when they come to give the exam, the girl I have seen most dangerous, always jumping and laughing became very polite. Smiling with a shy attitude. I am amazed. Maybe it was good for them. I wish them to get married earlier to make my life easier.

I have discussed this with the older sister, what's the matter, they are not from low-income families, why do their parents need to get them married so early?

My sister replied they are too fast forward to control. The way they behave with parents and boyfriends, their parents know, they can't control these girls much. Before they do any big mistakes, they better get married.

I recalled my memories, yes, in college I heard many times that girls don't attend the classes. Run away from classes to meet with boyfriends and enjoy time with them. It is too early for a girl to understand that they be used by their male partner. So, obviously, parents and teachers were worried about them.

No comments: