Saturday, October 8, 2022

Biography 151: Type Writer


 When I passed the HSC exam (Grade 12), the computer concept came into our world. I didn't come from a wealthy family, so I couldn't ask my dad to buy me a computer (I never asked him to give me anything, that's why my parent always gave me the least). But in my mind, I knew someday I would learn to operate a computer.

In those days, an Electric typewriter was available in offices. So, according to my budget, I decided to learn to typewrite. It would be helpful to work on the computer. I still believe it helped. If you can make some time, I suggest learning to typewrite online. It is beneficial for anyone. But not a necessary tool.

In BailyRoad, ShantiNagar, Dhaka, Bangladesh, there was an organization called "Dhaka business women's club." They used to provide different kinds of training. I got admitted to the "Type Writing" course. It was a 3 months course, and I completed it successfully.

Later, when I started working with the keyboard, my colleagues used to be surprised and said, "You are not looking at your keyboard while typing! you are a blind keyboard user!"

No comments: