Saturday, October 12, 2024

Biography 230: Visiting Bandorban


I have visited Bandorban twice: once with my youngest uncle, Abu Mama (maternal), and again with my brother and youngest sister.

When I was in grade 10, my uncle took me and my cousin Ranku to visit Cox's Bazaar. At the time, my uncle worked as a manager at a rubber garden. It was in Naikhonchhori, Bandarban.

Later, when I was working, I took some leave every year to visit some places. Once, I decided to visit Bandarban. I didn't want to go alone, so I took my brother and sister. All expenses were on me.

We stayed at Milonchhori cottage and visited Shoilo Propat and Naaf River. I wanted to go to Ramu bazaar by boat, but my siblings didn't have the patience to wait for the boat. So, I had to come back. Then we visited the Golden Buddhist Temple and went to the top of a big hill. For the tour, we booked a zip. A group of students from Buet also asked us to share the zip with them, which saved some money. They also stop at some beautiful spots and take pictures.

This was an amazing journey during the monsoon season. When I showed pictures to my office, some colleagues expressed interest in visiting Bandarban, too.


No comments: