Thursday, June 8, 2023

23+

As per my mom's account, people from Saudi Arabia have a tendency to keep their age concealed, even from medical professionals. Once, a lady accompanied by her son, who was in his forties, visited a doctor who claimed to be 50 years old. When the doctor inquired about her age at the time of childbirth, she declined to reveal her true age. This is a custom that both men and women in Saudi Arabia follow.


When I was a teenager and in my early twenties, my parents were often mistaken for being much younger than their actual age. Once, when I was 15, we went out together, and a man mistook my father for my younger sister. He was taken aback when he found out that I was the second daughter and that there was an older daughter at home. He stared at us in disbelief for a few seconds.


Although I used to believe that I had inherited some of those youthful genes, I eventually gained weight. Nevertheless, if someone were to ask me my age, I wish I could say 23 or older ;). That's what I am in my mind :) .

No comments: