Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Biography 30: The carpet


 I don't remember how long I have lived in Alkaseem (Saudi Arabia). It felt like years. But maybe for less than a year. Because then we moved to Umlez.


The people of that village (Later Alkaseem became a big city, we heard) liked my mom very much (Mom said). When they get to know that we are going to another city, people meet with us, give gifts etc. I remember that the Ameer of that area (Mayor) invited us to his place. We went there and I was amazed at his room's carpet. I have never seen it before or ever after. 

The whole room was covered with a very soft carpet. It looks like white grass. In about half feet distance there were woollen flowers (Like Bangladeshi Kodom) rise up. All are women but the flowers were standing with a stronger wool stick. When I put my feet on it bend down to the floor. All a felt is soft comfortable wools. From that moment I really wish to have that carpet for myself. Never found in the market.

No comments: