Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Saskatchewan VS Ontario


[I have taken the video from my bedroom when fireworks almost finished in our area, but there were some far away]

 I have landed in Canada at Pearson International Airport. But I didn't go out, I took the next flight to Saskatchewan. My life in Canada started in Saskatchewan. I had lived there for more than 5 years. Then I moved to Ontario.


In Saskatchewan, whoever gets to know that I am moving to Ontario, the way they congratulate me like I'm moving to Canada from any third world country. Some asked they want to move too, so what are the pros and cons.

After moving to Ontario, many people from Ontario asked me how is Ontario. I can assume they want to listen to something good about it. But the truth is a little different. And, I didn't want to break their heart. So, I have answered something diplomatically.


Before moving to Toronto I have heard from the Toronto people that this is a very big city.  But you have to understand in Bangladesh I was born and grow in a megacity. If I compare it in my mind it's not that big. And I was living in the biggest city in Saskatchewan. So, I was expecting more.


In many issues, Toronto has good services. But there are many issues too where I felt Saskatchewan has better service. Saskatchewan has always low budget than these big cities. Still, in many issues, they are managing better. Now, I can't say this to Toronto people on their faces. I'm sure they won't like it.


The weather surprises me the most. After moving from Saskatchewan to Ontario I felt. I came to Bangladesh from Canada. Hot and humid weather. The temperature isn't very low but we felt too cold. And get cold too.


People don't want to maintain traffic rules. The road design needed to do better to avoid collisions. Needed more signs to mention about the road speed, especially before joining different road speed limits.


The online system is needed for personal health and driving info. Saskatchewan has something better. And, this info should be free.


Bus stoppages should be like the Richmond area in Ontario. Most of them are still like Saskatchewan bus stoppages. 


Bus and other public transport costs should be minimized, to encourage people to use public transport. Now if two people want to make a journey, Ubar seems cheaper. Because in most cases you will need to change the bus and pay more. In Saskatchewan, people don't need to pay more if they use transit within 1.5 hours.


I like the way Ontario people enjoyed Victoria day. From 8 pm 12am everywhere people were firing fireworks. I was standing on my balcony and watching fireworks, some are near and some were firing far away. It was amazing. at a time fireworks in ten places. I didn't see this kind of enjoyment in Saskatchewan.


Now, in the pandemic, I don't go out much. I don't meet people or go to any place unnecessarily. So,  I actually didn't see the real Ontario life. I have to wait for more.

No comments: