Sunday, January 22, 2023

Biography 157: University knowledge from my older sister.


 My older sister was studying at the University of Dhaka in the Accounting department. Her faculty was Commerce. She is 3 years of senior to me. At home, I was the only person to whom she used to talk about her university life. Sometimes she took me to the University too. So, before I admit there I visited the Commerce and Arts faculty. I didn't see the science faculty, and I had no idea about the Annex building in the university.

About one thing I am sure of, if anyone new comes and admits here, then that person has to do all admission procedures, and they will be totally lost. Paper works aren't the problem; the problem is they had to run from one building to another, then come back again and run to another. Take papers from one building and then fill them up, pay somewhere, attach and submit another building. There is no clear map of which one is where. Generally, people bring their big brother or sister to make things properly.

My sister took me to submit the form, test, and viva voice. She completed her duty by showing me where are registered building, bank, and bus stoppages are. And also Halls. At the University of Dhaka, all students are linked to a Hall (Student dormitory). I got admitted to the Shamsunnahar Hall.

I got to know this is the closest to the Annex building. I was pleased about that.

I met some of my sister's friends before I joined. So, I kind of became their friend too.  I went to their house to bring books (Novels). Still, some of them are my Facebook friend. Some live in the USA.

I like the commerce faculty too. At the front of their building, they cut the bush like a sofa set and coffee table. Looks amazing. University knowledge from my older sister.

No comments: