Saturday, January 14, 2023

Biography 156: A teacher


 I have studied at Eden Mohila College for 1 month. After getting admission from the University of Dhaka, I left that college. I was in stress and angry while studying in college. When I got out of there I felt I had started breathing again.

I am not a person who complains. So, I didn't say anything to the college; I just kept watching. Every moment they kept me thinking, why is this happening? Who has the power to fix everything? Corruption was everywhere.

First, I didn't find the study method extraordinary when the class started. It's like based on a textbook.

I heard from other girls that the dead of our department isn't available. She has some mental issues, staying at home. I was thinking, if I stay here, I might face the same problem.

After a couple of classes, one day, I was standing on the balcony, waiting for the next class. I saw a woman come, wearing a burka. She was short and a little weighed. She came close to us and said I am your department head. I was scared a bit because I had heard about her mental issues.

The office room of our department was close to our class. That office room had two doors. One door was locked; we saw it from the beginning. Teachers use to use the second door.

This teacher found the door locked. She was trying all keys in her parse to open the door. I thought about what would happen next. A girl from our class went to her and showed her that the next entry was open. She got relieved and went inside. I felt, yes, she has some trouble mentally. I didn't know how her co-worker would adjust to her.

Then she came to our class. She started taking our class, and I was amazed by her knowledge. Her teaching style was amazing. She was talking from her knowledge, not just from her textbook. We were amazed by her knowledge. In the end, she said, many people are trying to put her down politically (no wonder). But by the grace of Allah, she was still in the department.

I understood how misinformation can ruin someone's career or image. I don't know how she is now. But from the bottom of my heart, I salute her. 


No comments: