Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Biography 203: Hindi movie songs


It is a tradition to add songs and dance to movies on the Indian subcontinent. It is like that from the very first movie in this area.

 In my childhood, when we watched Hindi films on VCP, we used to fast-forward the songs. This was mainly because they were not watchable with a family (We did it with the love scenes too), or maybe we liked to watch movies without singing and dancing. But we all used to watch the "Chhaya Chhondo" program on BTV (Bangladesh Television). This program was dedicated to film songs. They used to telecast only Bangla Cinema songs. I liked it.

One day, I told one of my schoolmates about this fast-forwarding song. She was surprised. She said watching songs is the main thing for them when watching a movie.

I don't know why, what we avoided in the movie, but liked to watch it separately. That's why sometimes I have heard or watched a song, not the movie. Or watched the movie. not the song.

No comments: