Thursday, January 6, 2022

Biography 108: Comments about my face


 In my school, I heard the first bad comment about my face, on my face. One of my classmates told me, your face is like "Bosteer meye" (which means, A girl who came from a slam area). It hurts. But in my mind, I agree with her.

I don't like to iron my dresses, so you can imagine how I looked like in my school dress. I didn't know how to comb or set my hair. I didn't put anything on my face, like cream, powder etc. Make-up wasn't allowed in school. My skin colour is dark. I don't have a beautiful face, yes I knew it, that she was right. Though it hurt me.

Then I looked at her. Well, I felt she looked the same, though she had fair skin colour. But that made me feel a little better.

She used to live in Khilgaon. Her dad later made their own house. It was a little far away from our school. She uses to walk always. Bangladesh is a hot and humid country. Because of walking in the sun, her head sculps were covered with "Foska" / blister.

The last news I had about her is she became a professor at Jagannath University. Wish her all the best. I didn't get angry on that day, nor today.

In school, I didn't hear directly like this any more times. But later... I heard a lot. I never claimed as a beautiful woman, but people felt good and don't want to let me forget by reminding me how ugly I am.

No comments: