Sunday, January 23, 2022

Respect


 During the lunch break, I was with my co-workers in the lunchroom. Actually, they came from another company to do some contract work. Their skin is white and I don't know what is their origin. It's a little difficult in Canada to know who is from where. Those guys were speaking in English.

From my cell phone app, the Azan sounded. Those guys stopped the music that they were playing and after the Azaan they again started it. I prepared (I always keep a small mud tray to make tayammum) and sit in a chair in a corner to say a prayer. They again stopped the music, even they were not talking with each other. Then I had completed my prayer and again they started everything.

I surprised. They were showing respect to my prayer. I even didn't expect these from unknown people. Hats off to you guys. Real Canadian.

No comments: