Monday, February 21, 2022

Biography 118: Shohid minar


 I have born in the Dhaka Medical College, at level 3. The next day, my mom comes out from the hospital with me to take home, she saw the Shohid Minar. It was all decorated with flowers. She felt like that is the 21st of February (No it wasn't). Maybe that's why she put my name (Nickname) like a flower.

When I was in grade 3 or 4 I have seen the local kids of our area used to make Shahid minar in their home. We kids in a group visited all of them and give flowers and then among ourselves decided who had made the best one.

 I was getting training from Bangladesh Shishu Academy, one day my aunt (My mom's oldest sister) went with us to see the academy. After our class, we visited the Shohid Minar. That was the first time I went there. I liked it. It's a big monument. And I can feel it is resembling the mother and her children.

I have attended programs on the 21st of February in the Shishu Academy. Like I had danced with this song, " Borkot Salamer shohider, roktim Banglar rajpoth, konodin jabenato bofole, durjoy Banglir e shopoth" It was a beautiful song. I sang the main theme song of this day in the program, "Amar bhaiyer rokte rangano ekushe February..."

When I first went to the department "Geography & Environment" in the Anex building at The university of Dhaka, I found we can see the Shohid minar from our balcony. It was standing just the opposite side of our department building.

I took my son Shafeen to the heritage park in Bangladesh. Shafeen liked the demo Shohid minar over there. I took him to our local area's Shohid minar too.

I never thought I could continue this in Canada. I have seen Shohid minar in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. This year I have taken Shafeen to the Shohid minar in Ontario. Just let him have an idea, of how Bangladeshi people show their tribute to the people who have given their lives to save our mother language.

No comments: