Sunday, April 3, 2022

Biography: 127 Sylhet

My dad and I were in a Tea garden

My father sometimes brought magazines home. Like "Bichitra" and others too. In those days I was in school. Maybe in grade 9 or 10.

In a magazine (I don't remember the name of the magazine) somebody posted a travel guideline to Sylhet. I have never been to Sylhet and it's not safe for a young girl to travel to another district.

So, I have started manipulating my father to go to travel Sylhet with me. He didn't agree. He said the cold is too much (It was in January or February) over there. Robers may rob us because we don't know anything about that place, etc.

My brother was very young, maybe he was studying in Kindergarten. He suddenly joined me and asked father, let's go 3 of us.

My dad loved his only son very much, now he started thinking maybe we can go. Some of his colleagues were from Sylhet. They had guided my father, on how should we go, and to which hotel we should go (Shahban). Later I found, that the hotel management could have been a little better.

We enjoyed hotel food, it was great, we have visited 2 Peer's Dargah, Jaflong, Tea garden and Madhob kundo fall. It was amazing.

In the hotel, we had rented a 2-bed room. I had taken one bed, another one was shared by our dad and brother. My brother had a bid body on those days. They really felt trouble sharing one bed. I heard my brother was saying to my dad, maybe we shouldn't bring her (Me) with us.

What! It is I who had taken initiative to travel and I had to hear these!

My father and brother had taken two heavy jackets. Because they believed it will be very cold. I knew what was going to happen. So, I warned them from the very beginning, never ask me to carry your jacket.

I was right, in the end, they had to just carry those in their hand. And none of them were happy to do that. Several times they looked at me to have some mercy. Sorry, when I said, don't take this they didn't listen, now I cant help those guys.

No comments: