Sunday, April 10, 2022

Biography 128: Height

 When I was in grade 8 (Class 8), I was the second tallest girl in the class. From grade 7 I suddenly started becoming tall. In grade 8 the tallest girl was Tanna. She is a very beautiful, tall and smart girl. I wasn't jealous, I just wanted to be taller than her. I don't know why I wanted to be taller than her, generally, I never worried about my physical appearance.

In my mind, I was praying to Allah to make me from 5 feet to 3 inches to 5 feet 3.5 inches. Maybe I did some exercise too. Our friend Aleya Ferdousi showed us (To her friends) how to exercise to become taller. I watched her carefully and then tried at home. And it worked.

Within a couple of months, I became 5'3.5". Oh, I was so happy. Now I am the tallest girl in the class.  I stopped that exercise. I didn't want to be too tall. I knew, then I won't find ready-made dresses easily.

Later, I was aged 25, I checked and found that I became 5'5". I again prayed to Allah. Please don't make me too tall ;)

In kindergarten, I saw my son become the second-highest tallest boy in the class. I asked him, do you want to be the tallest. He told me that he doesn't care. Within a year he became the tallest. I again asked him, how do you feel about that. He smiled, I understood deep inside he was feeling the same. Just like his mother.

After moving to Canada I found he has an average height in the class in grade 1. I was happy. Then in grade 6, he became the tallest boy in the class.

Now we moved to Ontario. He is one of the tall boys in the class. I told him, don't become too tall. Then I have to order your dresses and shoes, which I don't want.

No comments: