Friday, August 11, 2023

Biography 187: My first tour to Cox's Bazaar (aunt's great activities)

 My aunt's nickname is "Khuki" (Which means a small cute kid). I met her when I was very young. I found her a beautiful lady with big eyes and an amazing smile. The best thing she has is her speaking quality. She can become friends with anyone. My uncle is the youngest son of my grandfather (Maternal), so I have seen my aunt very humble with all older people.

I have seen her another role after visiting her home in Cox's Bazaar. She made the house very simple and pleasant. She cooks delicious food for all. She manages her two kids, and later they have one daughter too. I have seen how she cared for everyone, including me. She monitored every person's choices and food habits and prepared food according to that information.

She bought fresh food ingredients for us. Every day she made different traditional kinds of food for us and at the end, she prepared traditional festival food (Like polao, korma, salad and more). She made "Pitha" (traditional Bangladeshi cake) for us too.

I was there for a week, and during this time, cold relations continued between my uncle and cousin. My cousin later showed his anger toward me too. My aunt always talked with everyone, including my cousin and his friend, to minimize the problem; things improved but never vanished.

Later when my aunt met with my mother, she said many good things about me to my mother, like how I behaved with all and helped my aunt with her work etc. I found this is an outstanding quality in her too.

In our country, traditionally, sisters don't like their brother's wife. My mom followed that tradition always. But I always felt my aunt is a great woman. I tried to learn a lot from her. Especially the way she handled the guest and later spoke about them to others.

No comments: