Monday, August 21, 2023

Biography 189: My first tour to Cox's Bazaar (The sea beach)

Shekha, our father and I, beside the Red Sea.

 One day, my uncle took us to watch (he literally meant it) the sea. My cousin Ranku Bhai didn't join. His friend, uncle, aunt and their two sons take a bus to Cox's Bazaar.

When we arrived at the sea, my uncle expected me to be surprised. First of all, this is not the first sea I watch. I have seen the Red Sea before. I was surprised by watching the wave. Red sea water is crystal clear and has almost no waves, almost. Here, the water is complete with sand, and the water current is very high.

I wanted to go to the sea, but my uncle stopped me. He said, you can only get wet your feet; that's it. I can't take more risk. If anything happens to you, then what will I explain to Bubu (Sister, my mom)? I couldn't understand then what I should do.

After some moments, my aunt came as a rescuer. She said to me, go to the water and enjoy as much as you want. I will handle your uncle. You arrived here after a long journey and don't know when you will return.

I smiled and went to the water. I didn't go deep water, as I don't know swimming and can't handle the big waves. I saw my uncle and aunt arguing, then my uncle kept walking with me on the sand. Just keep following me as I was walking inside the water.

Later my aunt captured a starfish, she wanted to take home and put in an aquarium, but we didn't succeed. Uncle told her not to jump, laughing with me too much. No woman is doing like her, so she should be more conservative. I didn't like this, but my aunt stopped playing with me.

We take lunch and taste the local food. It taste's great.

We sat on the sand to see the sunset. It was amazing.

After the sunset, we came back by bus to my uncle's home. My cousin stayed alone at home the whole day with an angry face.


No comments: