Thursday, August 31, 2023

Biography 191: My 2nd journey to Cox's Bazaar (journey)

I and Shumi were standing at the Hotel, in Cox's Bazaar.

 We were in the honours third year at the University of Dhaka. Our field trip decided to go to Cox's Bazar and Teknaaf (The southeast district of Bangladesh). Our professor, Mr. Baki and another professor (I forgot his name) were with us. Mr. Baki's daughter also joined us on this field trip.

Our professor said we would train from Dhaka to Chittagong, then take a bus from Chittagong and go to Cox's Bazaar. In those days, the Dhaka to Cox's Bazaar coach service was newly started. So, Saleh said, why don't we go to Cox's Bazaar directly. Why would we take pain to change the train with luggage? Our professor said girls have some specific needs, so we won't make this long single journey. Saleh stopped.

 He thought what could be a reason. I am a girl, even I was thinking, what could be the reason? Later, Saleh burst on us by saying, I am a boy; I couldn't say anything, why you girls didn't say anything. Well, we were confused, too. And didn't want to make any uncomfortable discussion.

We enjoyed the train journey. The bus couldn't give us this many fun times. On the train, we drank tea several times. Sometimes, others join us, too. Shumi asked if we should pay for all or just for our drinks. I said, let's for us only. We all students can't have the luxury of paying for everything. Saleh didn't like that. He paid for all (Once) and asked the tea seller to return Shumi's money. I knew he tried to make us feel bad. Well, I didn't mind, as long as you pay for me. So, I asked Shumi to enjoy it and not think too much about it. I still believe we made the right decision.

In the Hotel, Shumi and I stayed on the 3rd floor. Sometimes, boys tried to take the power plug off from outside to make us scared. I didn't bother. I just came out and fixed it and again went inside. They understood this one is not going to make us feel anything.


No comments: