Sunday, March 17, 2024

Biography 199: At Dhaka Medical College Girl's Hostel


As I told you in my earlier post, there was a time when Dhaka city had to face floods every year after the monsoon season. I once lived in the Hostel of Dhaka Medical College to avoid the flood. In those days, my younger sister Sonia used to study at Dhaka Medical College. She used to live in the hostel. Their college was close, so she was staying at home. The University of Dhaka was open. I don't remember how long I had lived there, one month or one week. But I enjoyed living there.

Because it was very close to my department in the Science Annex Building at the University of Dhaka. I liked the flexibility of living there. They had fewer rules and regulations to live in there. They were more modest in following rules. The students who got to know about me as a sister of Sonia welcomed me with an amiable attitude. They were four years younger than me but treated me like their own friend. Very helpful and pleasant behaviour made my life much easier. I heard some of my sisters' stories from her hostel mets, like what she has done in the hostel. One was, my sister never take off the mosquito net, she said, at the night I have to put it back again, then why would I remove it? I am sure she still believes that.

No comments: