Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Some people think women are not good enough like men.



 I have both male and female friends. I talk, discuss and enjoy their conversations. When I hang out with male friends, sometimes they forget a female is with them, and they just talk about any topic. When I spend time with female friends, in most cases, they talk about the facts of males which someone has experienced. 

But I have seen male friends mostly just make their own judgments about women. The examples are very few and in most cases not related. They just think, they know about women and women are not good enough like men. Even a few women also think like this.


Let me give you an example. When I was studying at the University, a song became very popular in Bangladesh, "Buri hoilam tor karone...(Because of you, I became old/weak)". A female was singing the song because she was not getting the same payment as men. She was working as construction labour.

One of our University teachers told us in the class, how foolish is this! A woman can't work like a man, look at the physical difference between them! How come she expects the same payment as men. This was his Assumption.

I get to hear from a known contractor that they always try to recruit as many women as labour as possible. Because women work better, they are easy to manage, they don't waste much time on smoking and they accept less payment. For their own benefit contractors want women labour. And this is the fact, not an assumption.

I have talked with a 12-year-old boy. He was thinking that men are better cooks than women. I asked him, why? Because most of the chefs are men. When a woman can cook well, she stays home and cooks for her family and relatives. No one wants them to take a profession as a chef. When a man cooks well, people will encourage him to become a chef. If you look, most of the chef's wife and mother cooks better than them. If you look at any cooking competition, you will see both male-female are doing well. The boy checked cooking shows and said, actually women are good at it.

No comments: