Thursday, December 31, 2020

Biography 17: Dance



 I think, after learning how to jump, I didn't waste any single day without jumping or running till teenage. One day my parent took me to watch a movie in the cinema hall. We were waiting outside for tickets. In the meantime, someone played a popular movie song. I recognized that and screamed, it's my dad's song then started dancing. My mom said she felt very embarrassed at that moment. I still don't know why? Why in our country (Bangladesh) people don't like to see a girl dancing, jumping around as she wanted.


Because of too much movement, my uncle (My mom's older brother) asked my mom to teach me to dance. My mom first admitted me to Bangladesh Shishu Academy in the dancing class. I had learned dancing over there for 4 years. Every month they had some program, and because of that, I became used to dancing on the stage. Sometimes our teacher took us out for an outdoor performance.


Then mom realized to become good at dancing, I should learn classical dance too. She took me to Bulbul Lalito Kola Academy. Here I had learned dancing for 4 years too. I attended both places at the same time.


At Bulbul Academy one day we have got a substitute teacher, Mr. Shingho Roy. His family was traditionally involved with classical dance. My mom wanted me to learn better so she asked him to join as a private tutor for my dance. He agreed, for a couple of months, he teaches me Manipuri dance, Kathak, Gypsy dance. Later he became a dance instructor in the movie so couldn't give me time.


I didn't realize it in my childhood but now I understand, why my mom put so much effort into my dancing. She knew I'm not going to take it as a profession. But I was doing really well. On those days I have competed in many kids competitions at the dancing section. And each and every time I have got prizes.


During those days I have joined a TV program too. It was a Bangla New Year celebration program. The of the program was "Chhoy ritur ei desh"/ The country of six seasons. I was at the Spring dance and side performer in the winter part. This was my very first earning. I had taka 65 for this performance.


In those days, I use to choreograph my own performances. Especially for the competition and stage show.


I was very young, but during this period of time, I realize, how people make good relations with teachers and get benefited, people use the money to get a better chance etc. And I knew, I'm never going to do this kind of act.


I have stopped learning and dancing on the stage when I was in grade 5. I knew I wasn't the best at dancing, but I knew this too that I was very good at dancing. Wherever I danced, people liked it so much.


I had a dream, someday I will dance with my man, romantic dance types or just holding together in the music. Someday I want to dance with my son too. I want it a little bit funny way. Till now he said, he has no interest in dancing. Let's see.

No comments: