Monday, July 17, 2023

Biography 182: Professor Jamal Khan


 Professor Jamal was from the Geography & Environment Department, University of Dhaka. We met him at our final year MSc class. He accompanied us to Bagerhat for our last year's field trip.

Here I need to say something about myself. I am a sincere, honest person in every work and emotion. In both study and work, I did all my work sincerely always. But no one noticed or didn't care. Some people took advantage of that.

Jamal sir was the first person who noticed how efficiently we did our work on the field trip. He also mentioned it to other groups, and we got good marks on our work. Emran was in our group. He praised his work too. Emran is always a very good, helpful person. Even now, if anyone in our class faces trouble, Emran is the first to stand by them.

Jamal sir was young and unmarried. One day he was dining at a table with a group of girls. He was giving advice about our study. He said we should work hard and don't waste any time. Then after work, it will be sweeter when we take a break. Otherwise, we may feel bored. I totally agree with him.

One of our friends, Jolly, started asking funny questions. You know the questions we ask a young bachelor person. Our professor started blushing.

The last time when I contacted him, he was in the UK. I was thinking of migrating, so I asked questions about it. He referred Canada to migrate and said UK's labour market was in poor condition. He also said he wasn't feeling good. I didn't ask him what happened, as it was too personal. Now I think I should have asked him. He would have avoided my question and didn't answer if it was too personal.

Now he is no more. He left at such a young age. May Allah keep him in peace.

No comments: