Sunday, July 7, 2024

Biography 214: Tuheen

 I have a classmate at the University named Tuheen. I have always seen him with Jamal (another classmate). One day, I heard Tuheen can cook. In Bangladesh, it's rare. Boys generally don't know how to cook. We were not close, but I knew he was a good man. Today, I didn't come here to talk about him. 

At work, I met a girl named Tuheen, Khaleda Sultana Tuheen. She is small in size, she has beautiful big eyes, and her skin colour is very beautiful, yellowish. No, I didn't notice the skin colour at the beginning. A boy (Maybe Reja) once asked me to look at her skin colour. I saw it, it is really very beautiful. Then I told him, you are married, what are you looking at other girls. He felt embarrassed and said, no, no, I just wanted to show you, that's it. Now I am thinking, why did he show me? I should have asked that question at that very moment.

But I started liking her for another reason. When I first noticed her, she was talking with our trainer. She was such a fearless, jolly lady. She laughed and enjoyed music while working. She was in her own world. She didn't bother about others' thoughts. Later, we became close when we started eating lunch together in our common restaurant.

We started talking and sharing about many things. She was there whenever I needed anything to do. She kept me company in many things. We used to take lunch or snacks outside. Once, I made a travel plan with her and visited Rangamati. It was a great tour. We also joined a boat tour organized by my younger sister's college.

As we were close, we shared many personal, sensitive things. I was OK with everything. But she felt a little uneasy when sharing family problems with me. It's nothing new; almost all families face this kind of problem. But she started making some distance. At least, I think that is the reason.

Later, she asked me to arrange another tour with her to a new place. But I became busy with work and other problems and somehow couldn't plan a tour. Now I am thinking, why didn't she plan one? Why always do I have to take all the initiative?

She is now a successful entrepreneur in Bangladesh. She has worked with environmentally friendly goods and has sold them. I don't know if she had the option to sell those products abroad. I wish she had.

I have met three wonderful ladies in my life. They are beautiful in mind, body, and work. I really feel bad when others, especially boys, don't see those beautiful qualities in them. "Tuheen"is one of those ladies. I have never said her, but I genuinely believe she is one of the most wonderful people on this earth. Love you, my friend.

No comments: