Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Biography 216: My mother bought that ring

 My mother likes rings among all ornaments. I like rings, too, because they are less expensive, easy to carry, and easy to wear and take off.

On my birthday, Mom brought a ring. It was a little big, golden-coloured ring that looked like a gold ring. After my birthday, I wore it to the office. Shampa first noticed my ring, and she assumed I had gotten engaged. I didn't say anything; I just smiled. She couldn't keep her happiness inside herself, so she spread it to the whole office.

Many colleagues came to say congratulations. First I didn't get chance to explain, later I thought let them think like that. I am not getting married anyway. So, what's the difference. I can tell them after a couple of days. Let's just enjoy the fun right now.

Some male colleagues met with me personally and congratulated me. I felt maybe they had more feelings than a colleague to me. That made me think perhaps I shouldn't tell anyone about their misunderstanding. Let's better let them believe that I am engaged. This will be easy for me to handle the situation.

One day, Shampa had a doubt about my reaction. Because I was not telling anything about my fiance, I only brought my ring. I confirmed with her later that she was right.

No comments: