Monday, August 2, 2021

Biography 53: Got hit on my head



 Shekha, my youngest sister was very little at that time. She didn't learn to move her body. We were at my mom's clinic. I laid down Shekkha on mom's bed in the staff room. This was the ladies' staff bedroom for clinic staff who doesn't have a home (Single immigrant) or do night duties.

At that moment Shekha, Teena (My friend) and I were in that room. Shekha was lying on the bed and I and Teena were playing "pick a boo" with Shekha. We were hiding below the bed and then move our heads up and Shekha burst out of laugh. Suddenly I got hit by the bed as I was trying to move up and the bed was made of iron. It hit so badly that I couldn't bear the pain. I hold my head and rolled over the bed. Teena kept asking what happen. I didn't say anything, didn't scream. I wasn't in a position to talk. After a while, I felt pain is reducing so sit down on the bed. I didn't have the strength to move my body to play. Suddenly some blood dropped on Shekha's nose. I was surprised, what happens. Teena looked at me and said, it is coming from your head.


Then I couldn't stop myself. I had already held my pain for so long. I started crying and went to my mom, downstairs in the clinic. Teena always took the smart move. She ran to the staff's gathering room and asked for help. The female nurses came to the bedroom and found shekha on the bed, with blood. They clean up Shekha and found nothing. Teena didn't know Arabic, Filipino or English. It was hard for her to explain to all with only one Arabic word, "Keeda".


My mom took me to the doctor's area where Teena's father was. He checked my head then asked my mom if he could cut some of my hair near the injured area. My mom agreed and they did whatever they needed to do and I have no idea about that. They asked me what happen. I was in shock. Didn't say anything. Teena was the only eyewitness who can talk. I heard she is explaining to her dad, " I told Shimul apu that blood is on your head and she started crying...."


Anyway, I was never good at explaining my injury. I get hurt and suck it up.

No comments: