Sunday, August 15, 2021

Biography 57: Visiting Mecca and Madinah


Once in a year, before visiting Bangladesh, my parents used to visit Mecca and Madinah. We had to make a long drive from Umlez (Saudi Arabia). And I always utilized the time by lying down and sleeping in the back seat.


I didn't know those are two cities. I knew when I visit big Masjeeds and sometimes in the middle I found the Kaba and sometimes not (In Madinah). Those masjeeds were lightened up so nicely that I could never realize whether it is day or night.


The masjeeds were always very clean. I have seen the cleaning team continuously cleaning the masjeeds. The floor is fully covered with carpets. People can stand anywhere and say prayers. At the bottom of every pillar or after some space, there were water containers. After some periods, the authority puts frozen Zamzam water in it. So that people can drink chilled Zamzam water anytime.


I was a kid when I had visited the Masjeeds, I felt like its a huge space. We just had to walk and walk and it never ends.


In the Masjeed, where I didn't see the Kaba, I have seen a Green Dome (Gambuj). When my parents use to pray, I looked at it and said "Durood Shareef". My mom taught once, I always did to show honour and respect to the Messenger of Allah.


I liked the Hotels in Mecca and Madinah. Whenever we went out and returned after a while we found the room service cleaned and put everything properly. The decoration is very modern and has high qualities. Through the windows, we could view the cities and hills.


I liked the street food very much in these cities. Mostly the bread, which is cut down in the middle and they put chicken and tomatoes inside it.


I wish someday I will go with my son and show him everything. I want him to enjoy the place the way I did.

No comments: