Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Biography 55: An old market



 In Umlez (Saudi Arabia) sometimes, my parents take us to an old market. The market is made of mud-made stores. The shopkeepers are aged men. Their products look very simple. I had never seen a crowd or many people in that market. Mostly the shopkeepers are talking and gossiping with each other and take tea.

I like their products. Those are handmade, traditional and very beautiful. My mom chooses a dress. It was a frock for the newborn to 1-year-old girls. It was a very beautiful dress. Light orange colour with cross-stitch work on it. In those days, mom didn't know whether she will have a baby girl or a boy. So, she didn't buy it.

Later when Shekha, my youngest sister get born. She went to the market and bought that dress for her. Even in a couple months that dress didn't sell. I don't know how those people run that market.


No comments: