Friday, August 20, 2021

Biography 58: Kite



One day In Bangladesh, I had held the kite roller. That's my only experience with the Kite. We were visiting Bangladesh from Saudi Arabia. One noon I went to my next door to call my cousin brother to come to take the lunch. I saw he was standing on the roof, made of tin. In his hand, he had the kite roller and the kite was in the sky. He saw me and asked, would you like to fly a kite. I said, YES. He let me hold the small roller. I hold it, I felt the kite is trying to get away. The roller started moving and the kite is going up. I asked him, should I let it go like this? He replied it's your choice. 


Suddenly a few drops of water fall on us. We understood the rain is coming. My brother told me to fold the kite, we have to bring it down. I tried, but because of wind or I don't know how to do that, the kite was moving up. My brother took it from me, then I saw how he managed. He pulls the roller and keeps rolling inside. I don't know how to do it, but he managed within few minutes. Then we went home to take lunch.


This was the first and last time I have flown a kite, well kind of.

No comments: