Sunday, March 6, 2022

Biography 121: Roaches 2

 Our 4 sisters used to sleep in a big bed. My mom inherited it from our grandfather (Paternal). Now a day she sleeps on that.

On a winter night, I fall asleep a little earlier than others. I was inside the mosquito net. After a while, my other 3 sisters came inside the net to sleep. Maybe during that moment or earlier a cockroach somehow got inside the net. Within the next few seconds lots of things happened like a tornado, let me try to take you over there in slow motion.

First, my older sister screamed like death and then open the net and run away. Maybe out from the room. I couldn't see that because I was under the cotton-made blanket (In Bangla we called it Lep).

Next, my immediate two younger sisters saw the cockroach and screamed and jumped on my blanket, when I was inside. They knew that very well, that I was sleeping there. But I was their only hope to get rescued.

Third, in my sleep, I suddenly felt two big mountains fall on me and lots of screaming happening around me. Now, if you think, that's it. No, my dear, that's just the starting.

Next, these two girls, well they were not a kid, they had enough weight to kill me, keep jumping on me and every time they jumps, they were screaming, "Mejo! telapoka (Second sis, a cockroach)!!". There was no way that I could push them aside and remove the blanket and get up.

I tried to get loud as possible below the blanket and kept saying, "first move from here and let me out!" But I was inside the blanket and they were not in a mood to listen to anything from me they kept jumping and screaming.

Finally, after trying several times, I pushed one and kicked the other to move from the blanket and was somehow able to get me out from the blanket. They saw my head out from the blanket, they pointed to the other side of the mosquito net and showed me a cockroach.

I guess the cockroach also got astonished after watching their jumping and screaming. That's why it couldn't run away and standstill.

I couldn't decide to whom should I get angry, to these sisters or to the cockroach.


No comments: