Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Biography 120: Roaches 1


In Bangladesh, cockroaches are a little bigger in size. About 2 inches long. In summer when we keep all windows open sometimes at night they fly into our houses. If people can kill it, hit by a sandel mainly. It dies, and no more cockroaches. I mean if you keep your house clean there won't be any cockroaches.

There is some other kind of cockroaches too. These are small, brownish, about half-inch long in size. Someone told me these are Russian cockroaches. If it comes once, never left.

Again, these are not very common in our country. And if you can clean it properly, somehow can get rid of it.

Among our 4 sisters, I am the only one who is brave enough to kill cockroaches. It's not that I like it or don't scared of it, especially when they try to sit on you, but I know if I want to get rid of it, I have to kill it. Otherwise, it will keep flying in the house and sit on food.

My other sisters scare too much. They scream and run away. My older sister jumps first to get out of it from her body then run. One day she was eating her meal on her bed, suddenly someone told, " Boropa, Tela poka (big sis, a cockroach)!". It wasn't on her body but my sister didn't take any risk. She jumped, all her rice fall on the bed and then she run. Finally, she looked back if there were any cockroaches or not. Anyway, the cockroach was somewhere else. She is still like that.

No comments: