Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Biography 168: First year tour.


 I have chosen to study in the program Geography & Environment because of their yearly field trip. Due to different circumstances, I heard they couldn't take our students sometimes. But I was lucky. We went out every year for study tours, and I did well in field study assignments.

Our first-year tour was a day tour to Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI). This organization made a significant change in the rice growing in Bangladesh. They developed the rice to stay strong during rough seasons and produce more in a small area. Their invention helped the Bangladeshi to grow enough rice to feed the country.

Our professor Shahnaz took the responsibility of taking us on the tour. A group of students took responsibility for renting buses and buying lunches. They collected money from the students for their lunch program.

The amount is a little more for some students. The group rented good buses. The food was delicious and good, but the amount needed to be more for some people for lunch. People can't live on burgers; some need rice, roti, or something like that. I liked the food.

I liked the organization; it's a lovely building. When I tried to see through the microscope, I didn't see anything significant, but others said they saw something. Anyway, I was happy with that.

We had to take notes for our next assignment, so I concentrated on everything that had been told to us. But overall, I enjoyed the journey. Something new to me.

No comments: