Sunday, May 28, 2023

Biography 172: Train journey to Mymensingh, Bangladesh.

In this picture, our professor sat with us and listened to the song.

The second-year study tour from our department (Geography & Environment, The University of Dhaka) was to Halua Ghat (Maymansing, Bangladesh).

Like all my travelling experiences, this was mixed with happy and little unhappy moments.

Our travelling started by train. We get on the train from the Kamalapur Railway Station. It was a 3rd class train compartment full of joy from a group of students from the University of Dhaka. I don't know how somebody's found a song like an anthem of our tour. They repeatedly keep singing that song. The main singer was our friend Emran. It was a local Bangla song. If I translate, it will be like, "Get married at 18 districts". I didn't like it, but the boys were full of fun with this song; they were singing in chorus.

During our train journey, one of our friends, Bony, became ill. She got cold. One of our professors travelling with us came from the second-class compartment to see her and give her medicine. You know coll pills have something that brings sleepiness. So, then Bony fell into a deep sleep. Some boys make fun of that too. One of them was Shameem. He put papers inside her mouth (It was open) and tried to fire it up. I wanted to stop him. You may call me boring, but I don't want any harmful activity.

When our professor came, Emraan and his gang again sang that song (Married Girls in 18 Districts). I don't know how our professor felt because he didn't say anything; he just kept smiling. Now I am smiling too by remembering those moments.

[Correction by Emran]

Emran: We were in the second-class compartment.

 

No comments: