Friday, September 17, 2021

Biography 65: Open market


 When we were living in Umlej (Saudi Arabia) my parents uses to go outside the town. There was an open solid (Concrete) space. Businessmen put big tents over there and sell their products. Maybe it was a flea market.  As far as I remember mostly those shops were for clothes. Or my mother took me to the dress collections. Oh, there were some tents were for toys too. My mom bought lots of dresses. But those were to bring it to Bangladesh. In those days, it was difficult to find fancy kid's dresses in Bangladesh. Ready-made dress culture came later in Bangladesh. Bangladeshi parents mostly made dresses for kids by buying long clothes and give them to the tailors.


After returning to Bangladesh, the first couple of days we uses to wear those Saudi dresses. They were really beautiful, good-quality dresses. After being roughly used for a couple of years, no dress gets torn or discoloured.


But this had a disadvantage too. Local kids always keep some distance because of these dresses. I felt like an alien sometimes.

No comments: