Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Biography 70: New friends came


 We have started living in Bangladesh permanently when I became 8 years old. We had rented an apartment in a new place. One day some kids from our neighbourhood came to our house. My mom opened the door. They talked, then my mom called us (I and my older sister) and said, these kids are from our neighbour, they came here to pick you up to play with them. Every afternoon they came for a couple of days.


Now I can say, I lived in many places. But never neighbourhood kids came to help us to join them. It was a great gesture from the kids and their parents, which I never had after that, nowhere in this world.


They took us downstairs. There was an open space near our boundary wall. Now a new apartment builds there, so no space for future kids. On that day, didn't take us over there as we were very new and don't know the roads. They just stay on the main floor of our apartment. Then they asked us, what can we play. I was very new in Bangladesh. I didn't know the game names they were suggesting. Finally, I found one known game, "Kumir Kumir (Crocodile crocodile)". It means all kids will stay in a little higher place. The plain land will be the area of a crocodile. If anyone gets down and a crocodile touches them, that person will become the next crocodile and everyone else will stay in high land. When anyone came down to the crocodile area, they usually say, "Crocodile, I'm here in your water".


We played for a couple of days that game until everyone get bore.

No comments: