Friday, September 3, 2021

Biography 63: An airplane

Shafeen has made this toy

 In Saudi Arabia, mostly I did is babysitting my youngest sister. I like kids. I always enjoy time with them. So, I enjoyed my time with my baby sister. She was with me like this for more than one year. Other than babysitting I also helped mom in swiping rooms, cleaning rice and lentils (Daal). On those days, we had to clean them before cooking. 


My parents didn't buy me any toys. They did buy toys but didn't open the packet, they wanted to bring everything in Bangladesh intact. So, I took mom's empty perfume bottles, empty beautiful boxes or packets and turned them into toys. I had a small mirror too. But I didn't look at it much, as I was never a  conscious girl about beautification.


Before we finally returned to Bangladesh, one day my parents took me to a toy store and asked me to pick any toy. They told me that they wanted to give me a gift as I did a good job of babysitting. I wasn't ready. But an airplane gets my attention. I picked an airplane. It runs with batteries. Then it stopped and the glass of the plane opened to get down a fighter. It was a fighter plane. It made a noise like a fighter plane too. it was about one foot or more than one foot long. On those days it was an expensive one and my parents bought me that happily.


We brought that plane to Bangladesh. It was with me for a long time. Everybody played with it. My sister's son Tamim played with it too. But then I don't know why he broke it into pieces. Everybody laughed, he was just a kid. But actually, he broke my heart into pieces. What can I say to a kid. Later I throw it out.

No comments: