Monday, October 25, 2021

Biography 82: papor bhaja


[Image source]

 Papor bhaja, papadum or papad is a very common dish in India. It's mainly a snack. It could be given with the main dish as an appetizer.

When we were living in Umlez(Saudi Arabia), another Bangladeshi family uses to live in our neighbour. They were in our block. They had a son named Roni. he was younger than me. I think Roni's dad and our dad were working in the same office.

Whenever we visited their house, Roni's mom uses to fry Papor for us. I liked it, it is a crispy snack. She always kept them below the gas burner. I assume to keep them crispy and dry. But then I notice she is giving it every time we visit their house. So, I became bored with this snack. I stopped taking it anymore. 

After long years, when I visited Kolkata I went to a South Indian restaurant and they give us the food in a thali. Thali means there were many items of food on the same plate. One item was a Papor. And I liked it very much.

No comments: