Monday, October 18, 2021

Biography 79: My aunt's house

One of my childhood picture

 My mom's older sister lived in "ShantiNagar", Dhaka, Bangladesh. We went to their house from South Kamalapur many times. I was too young to remember much. My aunt's house was big. It was a one-storied building. They had an open space in their house. We use to play there with our cousin sisters. My aunt's youngest daughter was our playmate mostly. she was a little younger than my older sister. I mean her age was in between me and my older sister's age. She was a very sweet, friendly and beautiful girl. Everybody liked her because of her beautiful nature. She was more close to my older sister. They were like close friends. For them, I was too young to be close. So, they used to play together mostly. I am as usual alone. 

My cousin's name is Dola. She died of cancer when she was just 17 years old. I still remember some of her conversations (I will write about them later). Her mom, my aunt is in Canada now with her other daughter and grandkids.

They had a big TV (According to those days when most of the people doesn't have any). That big tv had a wooden tv stand, it was like a big box with legs. They use to kept the tv inside that box/case. My parent had given them an eagle (Small wooden maybe) to put it on the tv case/box.

This house had a very big kitchen. My aunt and uncle were food lovers. In their house, we had tasted many delicious foods. Though I don't remember any of them.

Later they moved on. But whenever I had visited Shanti Nagar, I always looked for their house. It was just beside the main road of Shantinagar. I have a small part of my childhood memory, in that house.


No comments: