Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Biography 73: Agraap sting my dad


 Saudi is like a country of desert. Though we lived in cities, the desert was around us. There was a very common insect living with us, the scorpion. In Saudi, they called it Agraap. It stings with poison. If it stings a kid, the kid might die. I heard from my mom, that many of the kids dies in Saudi from the stings of this scorpion.


My older sister said when Shekha (Our youngest sister) was born my mom uses to clean the bed frequently. And many times she found Agraap in bed. But by the grace of Allah, it never bites Shekha.


One night I was falling asleep. My mom was on her night duty. My dad was praying for Esha before he was planning to go to bed. Suddenly I heard my dad is calling me. I woke up and saw, he hit something with his sandal. He was in pain. He asked me to go to my mom and tell her that he had got bitten by an Agraap.


In a second I start running on the road, my mom's clinic was at the end of the block. It was night so no traffic was there. It was a very dark night. I knew I have to bring help as soon as possible before the poison capture my dad totally. I reached the clinic and found my mom was busy with some patients. She told me later that she saw me it looks like I don't have any blood on my face. My lips became very dry. I informed dad's condition in one line. Mom stayed calm, she let her patient finished. Then inform others. They get ready within a second. Because of deadly poison, every moment was important. They came to our house with all equipment. I saw my dad lying on the floor. But dad was awaking. He told them he had killed that Agraap but now can't tolerate the pain. Doctors give my dad injections. I think it was Teena's(My friend) dad.


My dad became normal soon.

No comments: